Friday, July 16, 2010

At the After the Honeymoon Phase

     So this past week I've had orientation sessions which I completely slept through because there was really no important information whatsoever.  However, the speaker did talk about how right now is the honeymoon phase but soon something was going to happen that would make us hit rock bottom.  And yes, that indeed did come, albeit a little earlier than predicted.  There are 29 people in my house, 13 girls, 16 boys.  Everyone is really really awesome and all but two are from America.  I was a little disappointed that it really isn't very international but at least when I get back to the states, I will be able to see everyone still.  One girl even goes to ODU and two others go to Virginia Tech and others go to Duke, UNC, Michigan State,
Purdue, University of Illinois, Syracuse, and other random places.  One other girl lives in England which means I'm definitely going to have to make a trip out there.  With so many people, this definitely makes for a lot of noise and a lot of fun times.  However, last night we had some people over and this boy from Austria broke our front door glass and another window downstairs.  He was arrested within 10 minutes but it definitely caused a lot of drama having to deal with the police and the university because it is owned by them. But other than that little speed bump, everything has been going really well.  We have been having a really good time and are finding our way around the city.  The other night I even did karaoke for the first time ever and sang Genie in a Bottle.  I even sang two songs by the end with my new housemates and we all won a free night stay at a local beach resort.  Who knew I could sing so well- ha! just kidding.
     This week we signed up for classes which was a huge headache but I think I've finally figured everything out and hopefully my classes will be interesting.  I'm taking quite a medley of classes including Sociology of Relationships, International Relations, Society and Desire, and Intro to Women and Gender Studies.
Fortunately, I only have class on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday meaning I can travel Friday through Monday.  Because of this hopefully I'll be able to see way more of Australia.  I'm really looking forward to my time here especially now that I am in my new house and making some really awesome friends.  It has already been so amazing and I am anxious to see how the semester will play out.  Please add my on skype- Anyagirl10- so we can all keep in contact.  I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment