Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Beautiful Blue Mountains and Familiar Faces of Family

The Corleys (my cousins and aunt and uncle) just happened to be coming to Sydney for Drew's graduation trip conveniently just a week after I arrived here myself.  It was great to see a familiar face in this big city.  I couldn't get in contact with them but I knew which hotel they were at and as I was randomly strolling through the city having no idea where I was, I passed there hotel and was able to go in and see them.  The next day we went to the Blue Mountains which is about an hour away and we had an amazing tour guide who told us the history of the city, of the mountains, and about any random questions we asked her.  It was really fabulous and the sites to see were absolutely splendid.  I took almost 200 pictures the whole day so I'll definitely be showing you all just how amazing the mountains were.  We saw some really tall waterfalls and walked through the rain forest after riding the steepest railway in the world at 52 degrees incline.  We road a sky rail that had a glass bottom and which passed through the mountains and valleys giving a direct view to the rain forest.  We saw some of the brightest colored birds imaginable right out in the wild.  We also went to a field and saw kangaroos in the wild.  From here, we went to an animal farm/zoo where kangaroos, emus, peacocks, birds, etc. were just roaming around with us out in the open.  We got to feed them right out of our hands.  We saw a tasmanian devil being fed and you could hear the cracking of the rabbit's bones that he was eating.  It was possibly one of the most disturbing sounds as he easily tore through bone and as I was thinking what would happen if a human fell in there.  It was a ten hour adventure but definitely worthwhile and who better to spend the day with than family. 

1 comment:

  1. ANNA! I'm so excited for you! It sounds like your having an incredible time. Have some crazy adventures and beat some Aussie's in tennis for me while your there. Praying for you friend :)

    ReplyDelete